Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Venom by Fiona Paul

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading!
To participate all you have to do is:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
(make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Venom by Fiona Paul
Published by Philomel/Penguin
On Shelves Now!

 
"Falco shook his head. 'How terrible it must be to be a member of the noble class.  So many rules.  Such restraint.  You must feel like a caged bird, battering its wings against the sides of its golden prison."  ARC, pg 71
 
"Falco turned around and gave Cass a look that chilled her.  'Don't ask questions,' he said, 'and I'll tell you no lies.'" ARC, pg 151
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
First off, I love this cover!!!  The purple mask is gorgeous, and I love it against the gold script.  I just finished this book two days ago, and I am so ready for the next book (Belladonna) to come out!  This one started off a little slow, I will admit; but once I was about 100 pages into it, I couldn't put it down!!  I really enjoyed Falco, and his witty and cavalier attitude.
 
I would definitely recommend this to fans of historical romance!